A place to come for everyday inspiration on family, fashion, beauty, and lifestyle.

MS Childrens' Museum

Jackson was my city while I was in school at Millsaps College , and it is now full circle as I get to bring my son here to Jackson to the children’s museum to play with friends and learn about both science and Mississippi.

From fishing for catfish in the man-made river, running through the playhouse-sized capitol building, dancing to Elvis records in the dance studio, to playing chef in the full-sized toddler kitchen, there was no shortage of things to do at the MS Children's museum.  In fact, after 4 hours of non-stop playing and learning, I think we left having tackled about half of what was offered.  Hanson’s favorite part of the children’s museum was the literacy garden located outside. There is a magical quality about it that I can't quite put my finger on. They had music playing over the loudspeaker-Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" being one of the songs played that sticks out in my memory.  Books and passages from nursery rhymes were read, there was a tree house for climbing, and interactive games offered by the staff. And ice cream sandwiches were enjoyed by all. Can’t forget those! 

I'm not going to lie, it may have been just as much fun for me as an adult as it was for my son, Hanson.  We seriously had so much fun and the employees of the museum were so kind and generous to us throughout our day there.  I definitely recommend making a day of going and enjoying all that this incredible place has to offer.

After being away so long, it was great to be back in my old city. And, Jackson is still my city for entertainment! Thank you so much for having us, @mschildsmuseum ! #MyCity#CitywithSoul #VisitJacksonMS#JacksonMS #EntertainYourSoul











No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig