A place to come for everyday inspiration on family, fashion, beauty, and lifestyle.

Home Improvement: Grown-up Edition ft. Atlas by Gutterglove

 


I'll be honest here.  When I envision improving upon my home, I rarely think of anything that isn't design centered.  I think about ripping out that old shower, or painting the fireplace black.  I don't think about the fact that our hot water heater is rounding up on 8 years old, or replacing the gutters.  But, in my deep thinking about curb appeal, I realized that sometimes it is the smallest details that make the biggest impact.  I stood at my mailbox and gazed at my home for a while.  The shrubs needed a little shaping.  The front door could use a fresh coat of paint.  And, what's with all of these messy leaves piled up in my gutters?!  I go inside and try to talk myself into getting the ladder from the garage so I could scoop out all of the debris piled up in my gutters.  After all, that was something free I could do to improve the look of my home.  A coffee and a self motivation speech later, I get the ladder and get to work.  HOURS upon HOURS of disgusting, gooey, junk scooping later, I had clean gutters, and an overwhelming desire to never do that again.  I started doing some Google searching on gutters.  I would 100% rather replace them with a more efficient version than ever do that again.  This is when I stumbled across Gutterglove! 
Being a lifelong Lowes fan, I started browsing on how they could help me not have to do as much scooping crud from my gutters ever again.  On Lowes.com, they carry Atlas by Gutterglove. This is what Lowes has to say about them. "Gutterglove is the leader in high performance stainless steel micro-mesh gutter protection systems for residential and commercial applications. Atlas gutter guard by Gutterglove keeps out leaves, pine needles, roof sand-grit, and other debris from your gutter so you will never have to climb up a ladder again to clean your gutters. The patented v-bend technology (VBT) design allows the system to filter rainwater more effectively than other gutter covers. There are no support mechanisms needed under this high performance VBT stainless steel micro-mesh gutter protection system. This allows 100% of the holes to filter rainwater coming down your roof and into your gutter, whereas all other micro-mesh gutter guards have a mechanized support, blocking as much as 60% of the holes."
"Keeps out leaves, pine needles, roof sand-grit, and other debris from your gutter so you will never have to climb up a ladder again to clean your gutters"?!   SIGN ME UP RIGHT NOW. 
The installation was SUPER easy.  You might need metal clippers, but you probably have those buried under some junk in the garage.  This is the unit that I purchased, and I am so pleased with how it turned out (ok, and mostly and how I'll never have to clean them out again)!  My house really looks suddenly more sleek now that I don't have to worry about those messy leaves in my gutters. 10/10, would recommend!


More Info on the product below, as taken from Lowes.com
  • This model contains 96 linear ft. of our 5-in stainless steel mesh Atlas Gutter Guard

  • Patented design that is easy to install by fastening and or with 3M VHB tape

  • Keeps out leaves, pine needles, roof sand-grit, and other debris from your gutter

  • Innovative design prevents debris build up in gutters

  • Oversized stainless steel micro-mesh wire for superior strength and durability

  • UL approved for rainwater harvesting (NSF P151 and NSF 372)

  • Average home has 160 ft. of gutter



Hope you guys take my advice and never clean those gutters again!! Happy home-improving, friends! 

xoxo, 
Holly

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig