A place to come for everyday inspiration on family, fashion, beauty, and lifestyle.

Anniversary Dinner at Playa, Orange Beach















Let’s be real. Fancy, childless dates are hard to come by these days. We were so excited to get to plan our 3rd wedding anniversary while we were on vacation in Orange Beach, where William’s mom lives. We scored big because not only did we get the best suggestions from her as a fun-loving local, but we also got the best possible babysitter we could have had as a loving YaYa. She really gave us one choice for where to go for dinner saying, “Oh, you have to go to Playa!” And we were not disappointed! She kept baby Hanson while we lived it up and ate our body weight in the most perfectly seasoned seafood we have ever had, in the hippest place ever. Playa definitely feels more like San Diego than Orange Beach. The atmosphere is sophisticated, but not stuffy in the least, and fancy, but you’re fine to still wear flip flops. The décor is somewhat like a cross between Miami in the 60’s and a hip coffee shop in Brooklyn circa now.  There was someone singing and playing acoustic guitar upstairs that echoed down to the patio on the water where we dined. We had the hot crab dip with blue corn chips for an appetizer. I was so hungry I ate nearly the whole dish. Poor William. For entrees, I ordered the red fish. One bite in, I could not believe how great this fish tasted. Having grown up the daughter of an avid fisherman and incredible cook, I’ve had a lot of fish in my life, and this red fish may have taken the prize. It was grilled skin-side-down, covered in seasonings, and served with a cold avocado and tomato salsa on top. William had the chorizo tacos and the tuna poke bowl, which was way too much food for him and he took the entire plate of tacos home. I think he ate them for a midnight snack and shared with YaYa, but I can’t remember him telling me if they were as fantastic as everything else, though, I am sure they were. He says the tuna poke bowl was amazing and “super fresh.” I love tuna poke, and was sad that I couldn’t eat some of it because of my pregnancy. Next time!! I had big plans for dessert, but when the time came, I had not a bite left in me to take. We were stuffed and happy! We took a stroll around the marina to watch the sun set, which made a perfect ending to the date.
It was all around a great experience I’m sure we will remember forever! Thanks for the wonderful time, Playa! We’ll surely be back.

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig